- One Bottle Superior Light Soy Sauce, 生抽王 (Brand: Pearl River Bridge), 16.9 fl. oz
- One Bag Chinese Brown Sugar (In rectangular shapes, called Brown Candy)
- 1.5 lbs. Fatty Pork Belly,五花肉
- Ginger (just a few)
- Three Garlic Cloves
- One Dried Tangerine Peel
- For less, you may use ½ bottle of Superior Light Soy Sauce and ½ bag of Chinese Brown Sugar instead.
- Do not microwave this to re-heat, the meat can get dry and hard. I would suggest simmering it on low again or put a semi-wet paper towel on top before microwaving.
- Slice the Ginger, peel the Garlic and Soak the Dried Tangerine Peel
- Scrape the skin of the Fatty Pork
- Scrape the inside of the Dried Tangerine Peel
- In a pot, boil the Superior Light Soy Sauce, Brown Sugar, Ginger, Garlic Cloves and Tangerine Peel
- Once it boils and sugars melt, put Fatty Pork Belly into pot and turn heat down to low
- Cover, put chopsticks on the the side to hold up the cover so it doesn’t simmer out
- Simmer at low for 1 hour and just check to see if meat is tender