- 20 cups of water
- 1 Bag of Dried Thick Rice Vermicelli (瀨粉)
- 3 Eggs
- 1 can of Crab Meat (6 oz)
- ½ – ¾ Jar of Crab Paste with Soya Bean Oil (I use the brand Pantainorasingh)
- ½ – ¾ pounds Ground Pork
- ½ teaspoon of Salt
- 3 tablespoons of Corn Starch
- 2 tablespoons of Soy Sauce
- 3 teaspoons Chicken bouillon
- You can always add cooked tomatoes and fried tofu stir fried with some fish sauce. You may also add fresh chopped green onions, mint leaves or any greens to your soup noodle! I actually have fresh chopped Romaine lettuce underneath this soup!
- For the Crab Paste with Soya Bean Oil, there are many brands, but I like using Pantainorasingh Brand.
- One bag of the Dried Thick Rice Vermicelli makes about 3 big bowls, you may consider buying 2 bags.
- Boil a big pot of water and add the Chicken bouillon for some flavoring
- In another pot, boil water for the Bag of Dried Thick Rice Vermicelli (瀨粉). (It is just like boiling pasta)
- In a big bowl, mix the Ground Pork, Crab Meat (Drain the liquid out) and Crab Paste with Soya Bean Oil
- Add the eggs, corn starch, soy sauce and salt (You want it to be a gooey texture.)
- Once everything is mixed, add the mixture into the boiling water flavored with Chicken bouillon
- When adding the mixture, put it in slowly in small chunks
- When everything is cooked, taste and add flavors as necessary, you may need to add more salt or Crab Paste with Soya Bean Oil for more flavor
Once the Soup is Done:
- Have another small pot of boiled water to re-cook the Thick Rice Vermicelli (瀨粉)
- Once the water boils, just put the noodles into the boiled water for about 3 seconds
- Take the noodles out and put it into your bowl and add the Crab Meat Soup!