- 2 pieces of Salted Mackerel in Soya Bean Oil
- 1/2 pound grounded pork
- Small Piece of Ginger
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon Soy Sauce
- 1 tablespoon Corn starch
- A little more than 1/2 tablespoon Olive Oil
- I use the Salted Mackerel in Soya Bean Oil that is sold in a jar. If you like the dried salted fish, you may use this same recipe! If you buy dried ones, make sure the tummy area of the fish is white, not yellow.
- Put 1/2 pound grounded pork into metal plate
- Add the 1/2 teaspoon salt, corn starch and soy sauce and mix everything
- Add another 1/2 teaspoon salt on top of the meat after
- Take Salted Mackerel out of the Jar and use hot water to rinse and clean it, I usually just soak it for a bit because it is really oily and preserved.
- While Salted Mackerel is soaking, chop up a piece of ginger
- Put the Salted Mackerel and Ginger on top of the Grounded Pork
- Put the Olive Oil on top of the Salted Mackerel, Ginger and Grounded Pork
- Boil water in a wok or pot with a metal steamer holder
- After it boils, place plate and cover for 15 – 20 minutes, lower to medium heat
- Taste, add salt or soy sauce if needed
Tip from Mom:
Usually the fish is so salty that there is no need to add more, taste the fish and pork together before adding more seasonings.